Diversity Mission Statement & Commitment
At The ODP Corporation and its affiliates, our goal is to provide our customers with business services, products, and digital workplace technology solutions through an integrated business-to-business distribution platform and omnichannel presence. To do this effectively, we incorporate our 5C Culture in everything that we do, focusing on Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring, and Creativity. Embedded in our 5C Culture is a commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive workplace, where all individuals are treated equally, fairly, and respectfully. We’re also committed to supporting diverse suppliers and are proud to offer an exceptional choice of innovative products and services to our customers through our supplier diversity program. Our robust program provides opportunities for small and diverse-owned businesses to grow and succeed.
— Gerry Smith, CEO
Benefits to Customers
Offer diverse solutions that help achieve diversity initiatives.
Benefits to Suppliers
Promote good citizenship and gain competitive differentiation in how we serve our customers.
Benefits to Community
Drive new market penetration, long term growth in revenue into our communities.
Supplier Diversity is an important business strategy in today’s economic environment. It helps us identify and deliver innovative quality products and services across all business channels while supporting economic development in the communities we serve.
The ODP Corporation and its affiliates actively seek out promising Diverse Suppliers which include Certified-, Minority-, Women-, Disabled-, Veteran-, LGBTQ-, owned, and Small Business Enterprises. We collaborate with our customers and help them meet their supplier diversity goals through our impressive network of diverse supplier partners and vendors.
Tier I (Reseller)
Customer buys directly from a diverse supplier partner. Office Depot becomes the wholesale partner.
We commit to including Diverse Suppliers in our sourcing opportunities (Direct and Indirect spend).
Customer buys directly from Office Depot® but ensures a percentage of their diversity spend comes from diverse vendor products
Certification identifies diverse suppliers that are 51% owned and operated by an individual or group from a historically under-represented group. Diverse suppliers are certified through organizations like NMSDC, WBENC, NGLCC, NAVOBA, Disability IN, and other city or state agencies.
Certification identifies diverse suppliers that are 51% owned and operated. This protects the integrity of supplier diversity reporting used by companies to:
- Meet and maintain business goals objectives related to supplier diversity
- Meet and maintain contract terms and conditions requiring a diversity spend goal
Minority-Owned Business (MBE)
The definition of a minority-owned business is as follows:
- A business enterprise that is at least 51% owned & operated by a minority individual or group(s) or
- A publicly owned business, at least 51% of the stock of which is owned by one or more minority groups and
- Minority includes, but is not limited to African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, and Asian/Asian Pacific Americans
Woman-Owned Business (WBE)
The definition of a woman-owned business is as follows:
- A business that is at least 51% controlled, owned & operated by a woman or women or
- A publicly owned business, at least 51% of the stock of which is owned by one or more women
Veteran or Service-Disabled Owned Business (VET) or (DVBE)
A business that is at least 51% owned by a veteran or service-disabled veteran or
- A business enterprise that is at least 51% owned, controlled & operated by a veteran or service-disabled veterans individual or group(s) or
- A publicly owned business, at least 51% of the stock of which is owned by one or more service-disabled veteran(s) and
- Military service disability is determined by the US Department of Veteran Affairs
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual Transgender Owned Business (LGBT)
- A business that is at least 51% owned, operated, managed, and controlled by an LGBT person or persons who are either U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents
- Exercises independence from any non-LGBT business enterprise
- Has been formed as a legal entity in the United States